Thursday, November 3, 2016

Searching For Yourself.

Are you searching for yourself? When you think of the the number of books, videos, podcasts, seminars, etc., devoted to self realization it's almost like everyone, everywhere, is looking to find themselves and become more of what they think they should be. 

While this searching represents a genuine interest in personal growth, it can perpetuate the idea that who you are is somehow not enough.

We look for ourselves in what we say and do. We look at our circumstances and assess ourselves based on our perception of these circumstances. We judge ourselves based on our assessment of our friends, family, and coworkers.

Many of us are so invested in finding ourselves we miss the profundity of who we already are. In the process we unintentionally sabotage our self esteem. If that's you, you're not alone by any stretch of the imagination.

Few things have such an empowering influence on our self esteem than seeing ourselves with crystal clarity and accepting ourselves - as we are - unconditionally.

I can't say that I always see myself with that kind of clarity or accept my self unconditionally. My belief, however, is that I'm always being my best self. When I'm unconscious of this, I look elsewhere to find myself; compare myself to the perception I have of the people and circumstances in my life and often lose in that comparison. 

One of the most important catalysts for realizing and accepting yourself unconditionally is acknowledging yourself - with genuine interest and regularity. Investing your time and energy in acknowledging yourself, at least to the same degree as you compare and invalidate yourself, will replace automaticity with consciousness and self questioning with acceptance. And, you'll find yourself to be exactly as you are....complete, whole, and perfect.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment